Monday, July 13, 2009

Ferd's Bog & Black Bear Mountain

Ferd's Bog was the first stop on our trip today. I learned about numerous plant and bird species from our ADK guide Ed Kanze. The bog was a good experience for me since I've never walked one before. Ed was very knowledgeable about the outdoors and knew almost anything about birds and plants. I hope that one day I can become just as informative about wildlife as he is.
The second stop on our trip was a 2 mile hike up Black Bear Mountain. I've always enjoyed hiking since I was a little girl, it felt great to be in the fresh air and wilderness again. On the hike I took almost 20 different pictures of fungii species. Which Im excited to do research on and hope to use in the following week for my Green Summer Program. Once we reached the top of the mountain the view was spectacular. It made you appreciate what a beautiful world we live in and how we should take the steps to protect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment