Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pre-course Survey


  • Why you are taking this course?
I decided to take this course for multiple reasons. For one, the course is offered in the Adirondacks, which is gorgeous and I figured this would be a good switch from taking 'regular' classes. We can learn how to incorporate our environment into the classroom while being active and learning at the same time. Also I decided to take this course because I'm missing several credits for my concentration and this will help me keep my goal of graduating on time.

  • Why did/do you want to be a teacher? (If you are one of the students taking course who is not in education, change this answer to whatever your chosen field is)
I've wanted to be a teacher ever since I was a little girl. In my schooling, I myself had difficulty with a couple of subjects and struggled in the classroom setting. I feel that through my experience this will better equip me to be an excellent teacher. Ultimately I will be a better teacher through my struggles in school. I've always enjoyed working with children and love inspiring them to be the best that they can be.

  • What are your professional goals in teaching?
My professional goals as a teacher would be to learn and grow through my experiences teaching. I'd like to learn how to become versatile in my teaching methods when it pertains to children with varying capabilities. At various points in my schooling I was told that I couldn't achieve certain tasks, sometimes before given the opportunity to try. Due to my experiences I value the teachers that saw my strengths and encouraged my learning. I hope as a teacher I can help students regardless of their learning styles and abilities to be successful in school.
  • Do you think you will make a career in teaching?
Yes, I think I will make a career in teaching as long as I keep testing myself and learning about the world as I go.

  • What are your goals for this course and this week with us in the ADKs?
My goals for this course are to learn more about our environment and how I can incorporate what I learn into my classroom.

1 comment: